WE STRIVE TO TREAT OUR CUSTOMERS FAIRLY BUT NOT EQUALLY.
Treating people fairly means that we will treat you in ways that are most appropriate for your needs. And sometimes that is not always us – we cannot do all things for all people.
All of our clients will be treated with dignity, respect, and the attention any person deserves.
Discover who you are, your family, and your business.
Apply our knowledge to your situation.
ANALYZE AND DOCUMENT
Analyze and document main aspects of the situation to properly build an overview of the problem.
Display the current state of the situation, and make recommendations to reach the most suitable solution to your problem.
We take your security seriously. To better protect you, our firm carries:
- $1.5M in professional liability insurance (including a “culpable conduct” rider for protection to personal tax clients).
In addition to our physical content insurance, we have a well-developed cyber insurance. Our computer systems are backed up securely using a secure cloud system provided by Acronis and also backed up physically on-site. We never store your credit card information so that you can keep your privacy. Ted Pollock is a member of good standing with CPA Ontario and FPSC and welcomes you to search his name (under “Theodore Pollock”) at any time.
Our Services for You
Your Personal Taxes
We will take a look at your personal tax return and give you pro-active advice with an eye to advising you and your financial life. We meet all of our personal tax clients every year. It’s not just about saving taxes. See our Wealth Management Services.
Personal Wealth Advisory Services
We have the resources and team to advise you on:
- retirement planning
- your investment portfolio
- estate and will planning
- separation and divorce advice
- real estate investing and holdings
We provide that to you both in-house and through our partners at Wealth Stewards.
For Your Business
If you have a business, we want to be your accountant. We will:
- prepare your taxes
- prepare your financial statements
- discuss your business with you
You should meet with your accountant every year. WE LOVE TO SEE YOU EVERY YEAR.
Business Valuation and Business Succession Planning
What is your business worth?
Is your business saleable or in the best position to be saleable? We can provide you with those answers from startup through to succession. Ted has a background in business valuations to serve you; he is also aligned with an investment banking firm, Distinct Capital Partners.
Ask us about your bookkeeping or controllership needs.
BDC provides some useful valuation tools on their website.
Ted maintains a library of current articles on real estate including topics on HST and real estate, sale of a property, capital gain versus income, Airbnb businesses, and developing a property. If there is a topic of interest to you, give us a call to see how we can meet needs.
OUR ETHICS POLICY
The attributes of a great ethical tax practitioner:
- The ability to interpret and understand the law and to stay within it.
- The creativity to come up with a plan that works and is appropiate for the client.
- The ability to communicate with clients, with CRA, with colleagues in a clear and persuasive manner including persuading them to act integrity.
- The ability to assess the risks objectively.
- The dedication to research issues thoroughly and to consult as appropiate.
- A passion for teaching and developing others – and to be an ethical mentor and role model.
- The ability to build a trusted relationship with clients who rely on you to keep them out of trouble and tell them what they can and cannot do.